Research Guide dealing with Government and Administration in the Batavian-French period 1795-1813
In 1795, the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands came to an end. After a transitional period that lasted from 1795 to 1798, a total of five different polities came in force in the years until 1813. In each period, the aim was to establish a completely new structure for the national – and occasionally also the provincial – government and judicial system. The institutions were given new names and sometimes entrusted with different duties.
- provides insight into the structure of the government in each period;
- provides insight into the duties and the organisation of the institutions, with the related legislation;
- provides insight into the effective consultation of their archives;
- provides insight into the persons involved (via a link to the Repertorium van Ambtsdragers en Ambtenaren);
- makes a digital version of the Green Index of the Algemene Staatssecretarie (General State Secretariat) for the years 1806 to 1811 available. This also allows researchers to consult the contents of the policy.
Read on in the introduction.